Saturday, December 8, 2007

Finished and worn a while....

So, I finished mine actually about three weeks ago. I knit the 44.5 inch sweater. It is too big. Seems to be a theme for a lot of people. I saw that the model was wearing a 35" sweater and assumed I needed to knit something larger too because she is very willowy, and I liked the way it looked on her. Also, the sleeves are long. I am a towering 62 inches tall, so I automatically shorten sleeves. Still with a couple inches off the recommended length I wish they were a little shorter still.

I have worn the sweater quite a bit. I love it. The drape is nice. The overall weight is pleasant for when it is chilly. Highly recommend this sweater if you are looking for a very versatile cardigan and aren't afraid of moss stitch. :)

3 comments:

Christina said...

It looks great! I hear you on issues with the positive ease, though. I'm having the same problem with mine, thinking that if it's positive ease on the model then that's what I should do too. Wrong! Positive ease with this sweater is not a good thing.

The Kelly Green Rogue said...

It looks great! Well done!

Octopus Knits said...

Very nice! Even though it doesn't fit quite like you expected, it looks lovely and cozy on you : )