Thursday, October 25, 2007

new to the KAL

Hi! I'm Harrison (twiceknit in the blog world). I just stumbled upon this KAL yesterday. How did I miss it?? I'm making it in turquoise Karabella Aurora 8. I'm not really sure I love it in the yarn (the yarn and I aren't really getting along--it's already been one sweater that got frogged), but it really shows the moss stitch.

I love the pattern, though. I cast on last month and sailed along on the back, but the fronts seem to be taking me forever. And then I still have the sleeves! It's finally getting cold in my neck of the woods, so maybe that will motivate me to finish. I can't wait to wear it!

My one worry--like several other people, my stockinette bands are curling like crazy, both horizontally and vertically. People keep telling me that they'll be fine after a good blocking, but I have my doubts...


1 comment:

Unknown said...

I did *not* do a good job of blocking the stockinette pieces, so mine still curl (just vertically, not horizontally). I don't think it looks awful and I keep wearing it as-is, but I plan on fixing it next time I wash it.

But. From seeing everyone else's, it looks like a nice good blocking really is effective! Use lots of pins, and I think you'll be fine.